I’m so very excited to make my first recipe. I wanted to make Cinnamon sugar almonds but none of the recipes were cutting it. So I made up my own! They are so good!
3/4 Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon All-Spice
1 ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg white
2 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cups Almonds
¼ cup water
- Mix sugars, Cinnamon, All-spice, Nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg white and vanilla together until frothy. Add almonds and stir till thoroughly coated. This will help the sugars to stick to the almonds.
- Get your slow cooker ready by spraying it with cooking spray. Add almonds and sugar-spice mix into the slow cooker. This will cook for 3 hours total. Turn on high for first 20 minutes then turn it on low for remaining time. Stir every 20 minutes.
- In the last hour add the water and stir well. This will make a crunchy coating.
- Put parchment paper on baking sheet and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. Let them cool. Devour.